Hi all, I got accepted to 2 Astrophysics phd programs ( University of Connecticut and the University of Cincinnati). To be honest, I am not thrilled by the prospect of attending either school but my only other option is to retake the GREs again and wait another year to attend graduate. Ideally I want to either stay in NYC for graduate school, which is where I currently live, or go to somewhere warmer like California. A little about me: I graduated from Binghamton University (State University of New York) with a Physics BA and a 3.6 GPA last year. My main research interests lie in Dark Matter/Energy research, seconded by pretty much any interesting topic in astrophysics/cosmology. My ethnic background is male, African- American. I know my background isn't exactly glamorous but my most desired graduate programs (reach schools) are UCBerkeley, Columbia, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, NYU and UCLA). My greatest weakness is my PGRE score which I hardly devoted enough time to study for due to other pressing matters. My main question is: should I attend the one of the two programs that have accepted me or should I hold off for another year and retake the GREs? Also, I have applied to quite a few physics research assistantships positions but have not had any successes. So even If I decide to take another year off, I probably won't be able to strengthen my future graduate school application via research assistantships.