Autocorrelation function of the output of the nonlinear device

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
baby_1
Messages
159
Reaction score
16
Hello
for an input signal with a noise we have
6174589100_1470202354.png

and for obtain Power spectural density we use autocorrelation function
6302258400_1470202355.png

where hkm is
5460939900_1470202515.png


but I need to know what is autocorrelation function for different inputs with different frequencies? such as
1329197400_1470202724.png


Any help will appericate
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
The autocorrelation should be linear. You should see the separate autocorrelation spikes for the w1 and w2 frequencies.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: baby_1
Thanks FactChecker
It means we can write autocorrelation function as this form?
2752371800_1470301475.jpg

but I think in above equation we consider noise for each input signal and it seems we calculate noise twice
 
baby_1 said:
Thanks FactChecker
It means we can write autocorrelation function as this form?
2752371800_1470301475.jpg

but I think in above equation we consider noise for each input signal and it seems we calculate noise twice
I was assuming that the only noise is n(t), and that it has 0 autocorrelations.
 
Thanks FactChecker for your help
Could you recommend good literature that cover autocorrelation formula for non-linear device?
 
baby_1 said:
Thanks FactChecker for your help
Could you recommend good literature that cover autocorrelation formula for non-linear device?
I'm not clear on why you say this is nonlinear. Although the signals of your example are periodic, they are added in a linear way. The periodic nature of the inputs does not make it nonlinear.

If you sample a time series of the output, a very general model and technique that I think would apply is the Auto-Regressive Integrated Moving Average (ARIMA) model and the Box-Jenkins method.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: baby_1