BA Visa Chase Card: Earn 100k Miles in 3 Months

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary: I'm not sure when I'll be able to save up the miles for that!Yes, they require a LOT of frequent flier (or credit card perk) miles for international travel. I've looked into travel to Japan, because my boyfriend goes there at least once or twice a year on business and I'd like to join him, and I think it was something like 90,000 frequent flier miles to book it just one way (the trip itself is about 6000-7000 miles earned each way, just enough to get an upgrade to first class, but not enough to get a free ticket anywhere). On the plus side, with all the airline mergers that have happened recently, it turns out that now all my miles
I do a fair amount of travel and love collecting miles. I usually wouldn't post such a thread, but this deal is a really great and I hear it's expiring Nov 30th. Sign up for a BA Visa Chase card and get 50k BA miles. Spend $2k on the card in the first three months and get another 50k miles. That is 100,000 miles. Two free international tickets. This is legit, I've signed up and had a couple friends. This is no affiliate link. I just want to make aware of this good deal.

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppW...6R8Y&AFFID=&CLICK=&CID=&PROMO=DF01&MKID=&MSC=

Physics news on Phys.org
Wow, that is good, too bad I'm broke.

Evo said:

Isn't it free? Too bad it's not available for us across the pond. You should apply, and then use the miles to buy Kurdt a plane ticket :biggrin:

Greg Bernhardt said:
I do a fair amount of travel and love collecting miles. I usually wouldn't post such a thread, but this deal is a really great and I hear it's expiring Nov 30th. Sign up for a BA Visa Chase card and get 50k BA miles. Spend $2k on the card in the first three months and get another 50k miles. That is 100,000 miles. Two free international tickets. This is legit, I've signed up and had a couple friends. This is no affiliate link. I just want to make aware of this good deal.

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppW...6R8Y&AFFID=&CLICK=&CID=&PROMO=DF01&MKID=&MSC=

Just remember that credit card miles are not real miles. Tsu just cashed in 100,000 miles for a first class ticket to Hawaii. I think even coach would normally take something like 30,000 miles.

We do all of our major spending on an airmiles credit card and pay it off each month. Great deal! And there is nothing like traveling first class for us old folks. :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
Just remember that credit card miles are not real miles.

Of course, which is why Greg mentions that 100k miles is two international flights :wink: (in economy). Of course, you've then got to pay the (pretty steep) taxes and other surcharges!

cristo said:
Of course, which is why Greg mentions that 100k miles is two international flights :wink: (in economy). Of course, you've then got to pay the (pretty steep) taxes and other surcharges!

Two of his trips probably come out to 100K miles! "Two international trips" is not quite a definitive statement wrt distance.

I don't think we pay any surcharges for Hawaiin miles. In fact, I'm not even sure that we have to pay taxes... It seems to me that whenever we have used the miles, it was entirely free.

Ivan Seeking said:
Two of his trips probably come out to 100K miles! "Two international trips" is not quite a definitive statement wrt distance.

True: I think Greg meant two trips to Europe (I know that it's 50k BA miles from US to UK).

I don't think we pay any surcharges for Hawaiin miles. In fact, I'm not even sure that we have to pay taxes... It seems to me that whenever we have used the miles, it was entirely free.

Wow, that's pretty good! That's certainly not the case for BA, and probably a lot of other airlines.

In fact, if I were able to take this out and get 100k 'free' miles, I'd probably use them on AA or another oneworld partner airline, since BA's surcharges are notoriously high (this doesn't matter if you're paying full price since the net fare is normally identical, but the fare breakdown is not). Though, I guess Greg, being the seasoned traveller he is, knows this!

Evo said:

Just charge your normal bills - utility, gas, rent (if you can) through the card.

Ivan Seeking said:
Just remember that credit card miles are not real miles. Tsu just cashed in 100,000 miles for a first class ticket to Hawaii. I think even coach would normally take something like 30,000 miles.

Yes, they require a LOT of frequent flier (or credit card perk) miles for international travel. I've looked into travel to Japan, because my boyfriend goes there at least once or twice a year on business and I'd like to join him, and I think it was something like 90,000 frequent flier miles to book it just one way (the trip itself is about 6000-7000 miles earned each way, just enough to get an upgrade to first class, but not enough to get a free ticket anywhere). On the plus side, with all the airline mergers that have happened recently, it turns out that now all my miles from different airlines are merged into a single program, so I actually DO have enough to travel to Japan now. :biggrin: Now I just need the time. :rolleyes:

Vanadium 50 said:
Just charge your normal bills - utility, gas, rent (if you can) through the card.

Groceries, car work, all major purchases... Yep, as long as you pay it off each month, the miles are free. We have made many free trips to Hawaii, most being first class, just through our normal spending. I was introduced to this program by a econ professor. Somehow he even managed to make his house payment on a cc.

The other benefit is that at years end, we get an itemized list of all of our spending that year, by category. That is very helpful for taxes. Also, by paying the card off each month, you are establishing an excellent credit rating.

I have a Visa debit card with a line of credit in case of emergency. It's the only thing I have anymore. I pay cash for everything. I've put the Evo child on the same so she doesn't spend money she doesn't have.

I canceled all of my credit cards after I found out that someone had stolen all of my 'pre-approved" credit card solicitations, changed the address, and added themselves for an additional card. Luckily I stumbled upon this fraud after they only had charged over $292,000.00 to these cards. I got a court order against them to pay off the debt in exchange for not prosecuting them.

The same person also forged bank loans in my name and drained my savings.

It's amazing that when you have outstanding credit that as long as the person perpetrating the fraud can show they are married to you, these financial institutions will ask no questions. He forged my name to everything. The bank loans freaked me out, I thought that maybe they would have expected me to come in? Or maybe he had his girlfriend impersonate me.

Last edited:

FAQ: BA Visa Chase Card: Earn 100k Miles in 3 Months

1. How do I qualify for the 100k miles bonus on the BA Visa Chase Card?

To qualify for the 100k miles bonus, you must be a new cardmember and spend at least $20,000 within the first three months of opening your account.

2. Are there any annual fees associated with the BA Visa Chase Card?

Yes, there is an annual fee of $95 for the BA Visa Chase Card. However, this fee is waived for the first year.

3. Can I use the 100k miles for any flight, or are there restrictions?

The 100k miles can be used for any flight with British Airways or any of their partner airlines. However, blackout dates and restrictions may apply.

4. What other benefits come with the BA Visa Chase Card?

In addition to the 100k miles bonus, the BA Visa Chase Card also offers travel and purchase protection, no foreign transaction fees, and the ability to earn 3 Avios for every $1 spent on British Airways purchases.

5. Is there a limit to the number of miles I can earn with the BA Visa Chase Card?

No, there is no limit to the number of miles you can earn with the BA Visa Chase Card. You can continue to earn Avios on all purchases made with the card, with no cap or expiration date.

Back