Baby Morin book -- Is this book really meant to be this difficult?

• Thread starter aspodkfpo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book Morin
In summary, the speaker is struggling with the difficulty of the questions in the book "Problems and solutions in introductory mechanics" by Morin. They are wondering if there is a faster way to solve the questions and if they are on the right track. Morin has stated that these questions are similar to one/two star questions in his 2008 book. The speaker may receive help by posting some questions with their solutions for others to assist with.
aspodkfpo
Homework Statement:: n/a
Relevant Equations:: n/a

I have been going through the baby version of the Morin Intro to Classical Mech book, "Problems and solutions in introductory mechanics." Each question, even some/quite a lot of multiple choice, is making me think upwards of 5 minutes and reconsider whether I know what I think I know. Was wondering whether this book is meant to actually be difficult, and whether there is any way for me to solve these introductory mechanics questions faster, or if I am going fine.

Morin states on his website that these questions are like one/two star questions in his 2008 Intro to Classical Mech red book.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
aspodkfpo said:
Homework Statement:: n/a
Relevant Equations:: n/a

I have been going through the baby version of the Morin Intro to Classical Mech book, "Problems and solutions in introductory mechanics." Each question, even some/quite a lot of multiple choice, is making me think upwards of 5 minutes and reconsider whether I know what I think I know. Was wondering whether this book is meant to actually be difficult, and whether there is any way for me to solve these introductory mechanics questions faster, or if I am going fine.

Morin states on his website that these questions are like one/two star questions in his 2008 Intro to Classical Mech red book.
If you post a couple with your solutions others may be able to help you find quicker ways.

Likes etotheipi

1. Why is the "Baby Morin" book considered difficult?

The "Baby Morin" book is considered difficult because it covers complex scientific concepts and theories that may be challenging for non-scientists to understand. It also requires a strong foundation in scientific knowledge and critical thinking skills to fully grasp the content.

2. Who is the target audience for the "Baby Morin" book?

The "Baby Morin" book is primarily targeted towards scientists, researchers, and students in the field of biology and related disciplines. It may also be of interest to individuals with a strong interest in science and a solid understanding of scientific principles.

3. Is it necessary to have a background in biology to understand the "Baby Morin" book?

While having a background in biology may be beneficial, it is not necessary to understand the "Baby Morin" book. The book is written in a clear and concise manner, and the author provides explanations and examples to help readers with varying levels of scientific knowledge.

4. Are there any resources available to help with understanding the "Baby Morin" book?

Yes, the author of the "Baby Morin" book has provided additional resources such as online lectures, study guides, and practice questions to aid in understanding the content. Readers can also reach out to the author for clarification or further explanation.

5. Can the "Baby Morin" book be used as a reference for scientific research?

Yes, the "Baby Morin" book can be used as a reference for scientific research. It provides in-depth explanations of complex concepts and includes references to relevant studies and experiments. However, it is important to note that the book should not be used as the sole source of information and should be supplemented with other reputable sources.