Hi, So I am currently a mechanical engineer working in aerospace designing and testing different interior assemblies, video arms, meal tables, etc. For a while now I have been thinking that this field is just not up my alley. I probably use Creo for about 80% of my time while the other 20% I am testing and writing plans. I have some friends and family in mechanical engineering and they do essentially the same thing. I have been thinking for a while now that overall this field just isn't right for me. I went into it because of not knowing what to do and i have family members that are M.E.s and I figured it would pay well. At this point I don't really care about the money and would rather do something that I enjoy. I had always had a back thought that I wouldn't care about going back to school and acquiring more debt if it was for something I really wanted to do. At the moment I have been thinking of going back to school for pure mathematics and then move on from there. I had always enjoyed math and I tended to be good at it. I usually would get the hang of it quicker than at least the people I studied with and would try to help them understand. I have been going over some maths to re-jog my memory and it has been enjoyable so far. How has working in mathematics been? Has there been any regrets to going into pure mathematics in terms of job opportunities? How is the research (I know that is broad)? This is more of a curiosity question since I know I don't want to be in the of M.E. field any longer. Is this what a lot of mechanical engineers do, that is work primarily with cad software? Or is it just the aerospace field in particular?