Banning cell phones as president

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Cell Cell phones
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
32 replies · 15K views
revelator said:
Actually I much prefer the text message myself, because of the 255 character limit, people are forced to make the message clear and to the point.

Sometimes they do, but other times they are barely readable. "txt tlk" and all... There have been times I've had to ask someone to write it again without so many damned abbreviations.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I have only used text messaging a few times. The only time it was helpful was on my last move when one of my friends who wasn't allowed to make long distance calls from his office needed to reach me during the daytime while I didn't have any internet access, so he could send a short email to my phone asking me to call him. If people don't want to talk, they can send me email. It takes all day to send a text message, so I will not reply that way. For a while, I even had that feature turned off so nobody could even try.
 
My sister is a pro text messenger, I don't know how many characters she can type per minute but it probably is a world record..