Bans of gold members? Was: Did I ban when I be a member ?

• Thread starter RyanH42
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a person asking if they can be banned as a member and what will happen to their money if they are banned. They also ask why members get banned forever and express interest in becoming a gold member. The response explains that members get banned for repeated violations of rules and advises against buying a subscription if they are afraid of being banned. The conversation concludes with the person unsure of whether they will be banned and considering becoming a gold member.
RyanH42
Lets suppose I be a member.Is there a chance to ban forever ? Then what will be my money ? Cause If there's no ban "whatever I do" I ll be a member

Physics news on Phys.org
RyanH42 said:
Lets suppose I be a member.Is there a chance to ban forever ? Then what will be my money ? Cause If there's no ban "whatever I do" I ll be a member
I'm sorry but your post makes no sense, what are you asking?

I'm sorry but I don't understand. Can you rephrase?

Here's my translation: "Member pays for a "subscription". Member gets banned. What happened to the money that Member paid for the subscription?"

Zz.

I am a normal member, then I violate the rules then I will ban normally (If I violate rules three time).If I be a member then Is there a chance to be banned forever.

ZapperZ said:
Here's my translation: "Member pays for a "subscription". Member gets banned. What happened to the money that Member paid for the subscription?"

Zz.
Yeah this question But Why members get banned forever ?

RyanH42 said:
Yeah this question But Why members get banned forever ?

They get banned because they either make repeated violations of the rules, or they are crackpots/spammers. They get banned regardless if they paid for membership or not.

Zz.

Thats sad I can be a member.

You are a member: you have an account.
RyanH42 said:
Cause If there's no ban "whatever I do"
Absolutely no forum works that way for obvious reasons.

Gold member I forget type gold

If you're afraid of being banned, don't buy a subscription.

Yeah I will going to not buy it.

RyanH42 said:
Yeah I will going to not buy it.

Why are thinking that you will be banned? The rules are pretty simple and easy to follow. Have you read through them (click on Info at the top of the page). :smile:

Likes gracy
berkeman said:
Why are thinking that you will be banned? The rules are pretty simple and easy to follow. Have you read through them (click on Info at the top of the page). :smile:
I don't know.Maybe I can be a Gold Member.

RyanH42 said:
I don't know.Maybe I can be a Gold Member.
Click on "My PF", then click on "Account Upgrades". Your questions have been answered.

Likes berkeman

1. Did I get banned when I became a gold member?

No, being a gold member does not automatically result in a ban. Bans are issued based on violations of the website's terms and conditions.

2. What does it mean to be a gold member?

Being a gold member typically means that you have upgraded your membership to a higher level, which may come with additional perks or benefits.

3. Can gold members be banned?

Yes, gold members can still be banned if they violate the website's rules and regulations. Being a gold member does not grant immunity from bans.

4. How can I avoid getting banned as a gold member?

To avoid getting banned, make sure to follow the website's terms and conditions and be mindful of your actions on the site. If you have any questions or concerns, reach out to the website's support team for clarification.

5. Are gold members more likely to get banned?

No, gold members are not more likely to get banned compared to non-gold members. Bans are issued based on individual behavior and actions, not membership status.