Beam Analysis for Indeterminate Beam with Overhang

1. The problem,
I have a beam 9000 mm in length.
assuming a x-coordinate system: supports are at the x= 1500, x= 4500, and x= 7500 positions.
there's a uniformly distributed load (let's call it w) through the length of the beam (from 0 to 9000mm)

Solve for the MAXIMUM moment. This would be much simpler if the overhang wasn't there since there're available "simplified" equations for this kind of beam. But the overhang makes a new story.

Homework Equations

= 0 huehue[/B]

3. 0 attempts T_T I have no idea where to start..

Answers and Replies

SteamKing
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
1. The problem,
I have a beam 9000 mm in length.
assuming a x-coordinate system: supports are at the x= 1500, x= 4500, and x= 7500 positions.
there's a uniformly distributed load (let's call it w) through the length of the beam (from 0 to 9000mm)

Solve for the MAXIMUM moment. This would be much simpler if the overhang wasn't there since there're available "simplified" equations for this kind of beam. But the overhang makes a new story.

Homework Equations

= 0 huehue[/B]

3. 0 attempts T_T I have no idea where to start..
Where would you start if the overhanging ends weren't there? That is, unless you're just a "cook book" kinda guy.

Uhmm really bad at indeterminate beam analysis actually.. Last I remember, I was in my 3rd year in college, and I barely even passed that. Fast forward 4 years later, I'm still bad at it. Huehue

If the overhanging beams weren't there I'd use the simplified equations for indeterminate beams (they have a table for different cases)