1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Best introductory self-learning physics guide?

1. Sep 14, 2013 #1
    Hi, what would be some of the best self-learning University physics introductor materials, books, (perhaps online video courses) you could recommend? I’ve been looking through the “physics learning materials” where I found some great pdf files/notes, but what would be great is if there actually were a complete course with accompanying books, videos/lectures and homework assignments for each lecture (The complete pack). So the complete (well explained – easy to understand) theory + video +homework (with solutions).

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 14, 2013 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

4. Sep 14, 2013 #3
    "University Physics with Modern Physics" by Young and Freedman is the best book in physics ive seen. It starts from basics works up to modern physics. following the chapters and the explainations problem solving and then solving the questions. it makes you a phenomenal physicist (bach level) if you follow everything i recommend it.

5. Sep 14, 2013 #4
    Thank you, I'll get myself a copy of that. That's actually the one the physicists read at my university (I study biology). I also learned about edX today, An amazing free online university course with homework and everything.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook