Best software for tensor manipulation?

In summary, the conversation was about looking for software that could manipulate tensors, including varying Lagrangians, gauge and supersymmetry transformations, and anti-commuting variables. The person was also interested in software that could supply group constants for SU(n) and had knowledge of cross products of abstract 3-vectors. They mentioned a list on Wikipedia for browsing different tensor software and also mentioned Mathematica's TensorExpand as a potential option.
nuclearhead
Do you know any good software for manipulating tensors: varying Lagrangians, checking gauge and supersymmetry transformations, etc. ? One that could deal with anti-commuting variables would be good too. One that also supplied group constants for SU(n) etc. would also be useful.

I was also looking for some simple software that knew that AxB +BxA = 0 for cross products of abstract 3-vectors but couldn't find any.

Physics news on Phys.org
Well yeah, but I was hoping for some reviews from people who used them.

I see Mathematica has TensorExpand which is something anyway.

Last edited:

1. What is the best software for tensor manipulation?

The best software for tensor manipulation would depend on your specific needs and preferences. Some popular options include TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, and Theano.

2. What features should I look for in a software for tensor manipulation?

Some key features to consider when choosing a software for tensor manipulation include the programming language it supports, its ease of use, its speed and scalability, its compatibility with your hardware and operating system, and its availability of support and resources.

3. Is there a free software for tensor manipulation?

Yes, there are several free and open-source software options for tensor manipulation, such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, and Theano. These offer a wide range of functionality and support for various programming languages.

4. Can I use a software for tensor manipulation even if I am not an expert in programming?

Yes, there are some user-friendly software options for tensor manipulation that do not require extensive programming knowledge. However, having a basic understanding of coding and machine learning concepts can be beneficial when using these tools.

5. Are there any online resources or tutorials for learning how to use a software for tensor manipulation?

Yes, many online resources and tutorials are available for learning how to use software for tensor manipulation. You can find official documentation, tutorials, and community forums for most popular software options. Additionally, there are many online courses and tutorials available on platforms like Coursera, Udemy, and YouTube.