Best way to go about earning the following Certifications?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
TheMacNerd
Messages
74
Reaction score
18
[Mentor's note: Posts from two threads have been merged into one]

I already earned my Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt from High School... For those who don't know: Lean Six Sigma is a Business Certification for Quality Engineering.

Anyway, I would like to go for my Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification but it says it requires 3+ Years of Job experience on your Resume. At the moment I only have 5 months worth of Professional IT Job experience / internships / on the job training. I'm currently a student at my local CC, which I am already paying a lot of $$ (Money) for tuition & books, but the thing is I want a certification probably starting over one of the summer breaks to help pay tuition & books.

The Lean Six Sigma Certifications I heard from my Instructor don't expire.

Anyway, I want to find a way in my schedule or something to get the next level up Lean Six Sigma Certification. Whether it's Six Sigma Yellow Belt Internships or co-ops then that would be nice, but the problem is that:

A): Those are considered full-time positions & there are hardly any part-time internships, as they are "Professional Level" Jobs. And I'm a full-time student at the CC. (16 Credit hours this semester).
B): I need 3+ years of Job XP before it makes sense to go for the training to get the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Here are the IT Certifications I would like to start studying for to help pay my CC tuition & books, as well as for other things I might need:

- Red Hat Certified Network Engineer (RHCE) Certification
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- Cisco CCENT / CCNA Routing & Switching and / or Security

Again, I'm a full-time student at the CC, & I might be looking for a (hopefully) Part-time Internships & Co-Ops, but those are EXTREMELY Hard to find & hard to get in the first place. I'm starting to look for Professional-Level work now, as I am now considered to be a "Professional-Level" Student.