Best way to transform particular mechanical energy into electrical energy

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
fastbookmark
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
What is the best and most practical way to transform particular mechanical energy into electrical energy.I am not quite familiar to physics so I' ll try to explain what I want outsider way.
When I say"particular mechanical energy" I mean the energy consisting of many low power hits.One hit make pressure(P) about 0.01 N/m2.When I say many hits I mean 10 - 100 at one time and again and again...
What quantum of energy can I expect to get in some period of time?
What is recommended ground for getting hits(to be hit) that loosing of energy be the least?
I am sincerely hope that you will understand what I am asking for.
Thank you!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
fastbookmark said:
What is the best and most practical way to transform particular mechanical energy into electrical energy.I am not quite familiar to physics so I' ll try to explain what I want outsider way.
When I say"particular mechanical energy" I mean the energy consisting of many low power hits.One hit make pressure(P) about 0.01 N/m2.When I say many hits I mean 10 - 100 at one time and again and again...
What quantum of energy can I expect to get in some period of time?
What is recommended ground for getting hits(to be hit) that loosing of energy be the least?
I am sincerely hope that you will understand what I am asking for.
Thank you!

Welcome to the PF. How large is the target area? How thick will the target be?

One possibility is a Piezo Film with a full wave rectifier for the output. It's been a while since I looked at Piezoelectric Films, though.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=piezoelectric+film&gbv=2&aq=f&oq=

.
 
Last edited:
Thank you for welcoming.
The target area could be variable.I can change it from 1cm2 to 100cm2(or more)The shape of an area also may be variable.I can't explain everything in details before I finish the experiment the right way.I am looking for the best way to go.