1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Best way to transform particular mechanical energy into electrical energy

1. Jun 29, 2009 #1
    What is the best and most practical way to transform particular mechanical energy into electrical energy.I am not quite familiar to physics so I' ll try to explain what I want outsider way.
    When I say"particular mechanical energy" I mean the energy consisting of many low power hits.One hit make pressure(P) about 0.01 N/m2.When I say many hits I mean 10 - 100 at one time and again and again...
    What quantum of energy can I expect to get in some period of time?
    What is recommended ground for getting hits(to be hit) that loosing of energy be the least?
    I am sincerely hope that you will understand what I am asking for.
    Thank you!

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 29, 2009 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF. How large is the target area? How thick will the target be?

One possibility is a Piezo Film with a full wave rectifier for the output. It's been a while since I looked at Piezoelectric Films, though.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=piezoelectric+film&gbv=2&aq=f&oq=

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  4. Jul 6, 2009 #3
    Thank you for welcoming.
    The target area could be variable.I can change it from 1cm2 to 100cm2(or more)The shape of an area also may be variable.I can't explain everything in details before I finish the experiment the right way.I am looking for the best way to go.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook