1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Best ways/sites to search for teaching job

1. Jan 8, 2009 #1
    What are the best ways or internet sites to search the local colleges for job as an instructor, not necessarily tenure track? I am in Chicago, IL.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 8, 2009 #2

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Here's what I would do:

Note that in February the AAPT national meeting will be in Chicago. [I'll be there.]
    Some local institutions might be among those participating in the Job Fair. Check the Physics Today jobs website: http://www.aip.org/pt/jobs/.

I'd visit the homepages of the Physics Department and the Human Resources department of each institution.

(Use Google or Yahoo maps to find the institutions: e.g. maps.google.com/maps?q=college loc%3A Chicago%2C IL. Make the appropriate changes for "university", "institute", "school", etc... )

Since you are local, you also might consider making contact with places and maybe visiting in person and dropping off your CV [just in case].

4. Jan 9, 2009 #3
    Hey thanks a lot. As usual best advise comes from you !

5. Jan 9, 2009 #4

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?