Best ways/sites to search for teaching job

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
smallphi
Messages
436
Reaction score
2
What are the best ways or internet sites to search the local colleges for job as an instructor, not necessarily tenure track? I am in Chicago, IL.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Here's what I would do:

Note that in February the http://www.aapt.org/events/wm2009/" will be in Chicago. [I'll be there.]
Some local institutions might be among those participating in the Job Fair. Check the Physics Today jobs website: http://www.aip.org/pt/jobs/ .

I'd visit the homepages of the Physics Department and the Human Resources department of each institution.

(Use Google or Yahoo maps to find the institutions: e.g. maps.google.com/maps?q=college loc%3A Chicago%2C IL. Make the appropriate changes for "university", "institute", "school", etc... )

Since you are local, you also might consider making contact with places and maybe visiting in person and dropping off your CV [just in case].
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey thanks a lot. As usual best advise comes from you !