Big integral sign with word 2007

In summary, the speaker has been using the new math editing feature in Word 2007 and is impressed, but is having trouble adjusting the size of the integral sign to fit multiple fractions. They have noticed that brackets automatically adjust their size, but this does not happen with the integral sign. They are unsure if this feature is possible or if it is not implemented.
antonio13
Hi, everyone! I've been working for a while with the new math editing feature in Word 2007 and find it very impressive. My problem is that the integral sign seems to have a fixed size and I don't know how to scale it vertically to fit, for instance, multiple fractions. I've seen that brackets adjust their size automatically when they contain a fraction (as with Latex \left [ ) but that doesn't happen with the integral sign.

Is it possible to get this or the feature is not implemented?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Computer science news on Phys.org
I don't know if that is possible... not even LaTeX adapts the size of its integral signs, AFAIK.

Hello! It's great to hear that you are utilizing the math editing feature in Word 2007. I understand the importance of having accurate and adjustable mathematical symbols. In regards to your question about scaling the integral sign, I believe that the feature you are looking for may not be fully implemented in Word 2007. However, there are some workarounds that may help you achieve the desired result.

One suggestion would be to use the "Insert Equation" feature in Word 2007, which allows you to insert and customize equations using a variety of mathematical symbols. You can also try using the "Math AutoCorrect" feature, which automatically corrects and formats your equations as you type.

If these options do not work, you may need to look into using a different software specifically designed for mathematical equations, such as LaTeX or MathType. These programs offer more advanced features and customization options for equations.

I hope this helps and good luck with your mathematical editing in Word 2007!

What is the purpose of the big integral sign in Word 2007?

The big integral sign, also known as the "integral symbol," is used in Word 2007 to represent the mathematical concept of integration. This symbol is commonly used in calculus and other mathematical equations to denote the process of finding the total area under a curve.

How do I insert the big integral sign in Word 2007?

To insert the big integral sign in your Word 2007 document, go to the "Insert" tab and click on "Equation" in the Symbols section. Then, select the "Integral" symbol from the list of available symbols. Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut "Alt + = " to insert the integral symbol directly into your document.

Can I change the size or style of the big integral sign in Word 2007?

Yes, you can change the size and style of the big integral sign in Word 2007. Once the symbol is inserted into your document, you can use the "Font" options in the Home tab to change the font size, color, and style of the symbol to your preference.

Are there any other symbols or shortcuts for the integral sign in Word 2007?

Yes, there are several other symbols and shortcuts for the integral sign in Word 2007. Some common shortcuts include "Alt + Shift + I" for a double integral and "Alt + Shift + J" for a triple integral. You can also access different styles of the integral sign by clicking on the arrow next to the "Integral" symbol in the Symbols section of the Equation tab.

Is the big integral sign in Word 2007 only for mathematical equations?

No, the big integral sign in Word 2007 can also be used for non-mathematical purposes. For example, it can be used as a decorative element in a document or as a symbol in a logo or design. It can also be used in conjunction with other symbols and text to create unique and visually appealing graphics.