Bonus: How much energy did the bat transmit to the ball?

  • Thread starter Thread starter laurenyntema
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Ball Energy
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
laurenyntema
Messages
3
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Bonus: How much energy did the bat transmit to the ball? (Note: if the bat gave energy to the ball, then this is a positive number. If the bat absorbed energy from the ball, then this is a negative number.)


Homework Equations


I have absolutely no idea... Ek=1/2mv^2?



The Attempt at a Solution


I still have absolutely no idea. Is there actually an equation I can use for this?? My physics teacher hasn't actually taught us how to do these problems althought we are currently on kinetic energy. Since the answer is in joules, does it have to do with the amount of work?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I think there is some more to the question.
Presumably a ball arrived at some velocity and left back in the opposite direction with another velcity