1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Book on Dynamics (Mechanical systems)

1. Jan 18, 2016 #1
    I'm looking for a book that has problems and explanations (not necessarily background theory) about mechanical systems. Consider the picture below for reference.

ccc.PNG

The idea is I want to get a hold of energy and impulse methods for solving problems like this, eventually the book would have a chapter of Lagrangian Mechanics with two or more degrees of freedom. Something of the sort?

I understand the topic is broad, but at least a collection of books that you would recommend on such problems? I would really like to have a solid grasp on these concepts.

Attached Files:

• ccc.PNG
      ccc.PNG
      File size:
      9.9 KB
      Views:
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 19, 2016 #2
    Taylor:Classical mechanics? Or try a book on dynamics from the engineering side.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted