Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Book on probability theory

1. Jun 14, 2009 #1
    i have to study following topics in probability theorem and iam totally a beginner so please suggest me a book
    Probability, conditional probability, random variables, Expected Value, Specific discrete and continuous distributions, e.g. binomial, Poisson, geometric, Pascal, hypergeometric, Uniform, exponential and normal, Poisson process, Multidimensional random variables, Multinomial and bivariate normal distributions, Moment generating function, Law of large numbers and central limit theorem, Sampling distributions, Point and interval estimation, Testing of hypothesis, Goodness of fit and contingency tables. Linear regression.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 14, 2009 #2
    Hogg McKean and Craig Intro to Math Stat

4. Jun 15, 2009 #3
    thanks for help rochfor 1

5. Jun 20, 2009 #4
    might be round about, but
    probability for risk management, edition 1 or 2

has just about ALL those topics listed and i learned very well from it, I prefer to learn from application so this was great for me (still provides same foundation as traditional stats/prob book)....this book is used to study/learn for exam 1p for actuarial exam set.

check it out a your library if possible,

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook