1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Book Reccomendation? -- The Quantum World-Quantum Physics for Everyone

1. Nov 7, 2017 #1
    I was wondering if this book by Kenneth W. Ford is worth reading just to get a general idea of some of the concepts of Quantum Physics. Skimming it, it seems fairly understandable, I'm worried about forming misconceptions...If anyone has any insight, I'd really appreciate it!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 8, 2017 #2

vanhees71

Science Advisor
    2016 Award

4. Nov 8, 2017 #3

Demystifier

Science Advisor

It is one thing to understand quantum theory (which is what @vanhees71 is talking about) and another to get a general idea of some of the concepts of quantum theory (which is what @timeuntotime is talking about). If one is not good in math and/or is satisfied with achieving only the latter, then a popular-science book without math is not a bad idea.

I haven't seen the book by Ford above, but I can tell that there are good popular books on QM. For instance, I like
    https://www.amazon.com/Quantum-Phys...preST=_SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_&dpSrc=srch

5. Nov 8, 2017 #4
    Thank you both for the suggestions!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted