Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Books detailing Bell's inequality derivation

1. Dec 3, 2009 #1
    Hi

I was just wondering if anyone can recommend me a book (preferably available as an ebook) which details the derivation of the QM version of the inequality.

I've been studying the relevant maths and now I'm going to finally sit down and do the derivation. I can go through it alone but having a guide/reference would be nice!

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 3, 2009 #2

Demystifier

Science Advisor

I recommend the following books that, among other things, contain a derivation of Bell inequalities:
    1. J. S. Bell, Speakable and Unspeakable in Quantum Mechanics (Cambridge, 1987).
    2. L. E. Ballentine, Quantum Mechanics: A Modern Development (World Scientific Publishing, 2000).
    I recommend these books for many other reasons as well.

4. Dec 3, 2009 #3

DrChinese

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Demystifier gives some great books as reference. If you don't have access to those, you might also try this which is available online (Peres, 2002):

http://www.fisica.net/quantica/Peres - Quantum Theory Concepts and Methods.pdf

There are some other derivations online that are not part of books. Let me know if you are interested in some. There are a lot of different approaches that get you to a similar spot.

5. Dec 3, 2009 #4

Fredrik

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I like Isham's derivation: 215, 216. (That's a very good book by the way, so you should consider getting it).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook