1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Books on Quantum Technology/ Applied QM

1. Jun 17, 2014 #1
    Could anyone recommend an up-to-date and not too advanced book or online notes on applied quantum mechanics or quantum technology? Most of my books are quite old and I need to have a basic understanding of the subject for a work experience project in six weeks time.

Thank you!

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 17, 2014 #2
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  4. Jun 17, 2014 #3
    Thank you for the recommendation. Does this book include topics like quantum dots, nanotechnology, and quantum optics? (I couldn't tell from the contents page)

5. Jun 17, 2014 #4
    Well, as I said, Miller's book is actually an introduction to quantum mechanics. Form the topics you mentioned, I think you should have a look at "Applied Quantum Mechanics" by Levi.
    (Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Applied-Quantum-Mechanics-A-Levi/dp/0521860962)
    I have no experience with this book but (but my engineering friends highly recommend this), it seems like it will be useful if you already have a basic knowledge in introductory quantum mechanics (ie it demands higher background then Miller's).
    By the way, both of these books are mainstream textbooks. There might be other non-textbooks which may suit your cause better.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted