Are there any good exercise books for Quantum Mechanics?

hi,

I’ve been walking through posts on this forum, and found plenty of book recommendations for QM.

My problem is, I haven’t had enough practice in a long while. I could go over Solved Problems in e.g. Galitsky, or Gasiorowitz, but they seem to be a little far from what I want to test: operator algebra, anti-commutators, Normal Ordering, Density matrices...

Are there any problem books on those topics that you would recommend?

Answers and Replies

Likes Alex Petrosyan
Why are you looking for a "problems" book specifically, as opposed to solving the problems in a textbook? For instance, Griffiths has good problems to solve on those topics.

Well, I’m not exactly, as long as the book is 30-40% problems, it should work fine.

The reason why I’m asking is because I thought I knew the material well. Turned out I’ve cheesed through it, and I want a real test of the knowledge.

Why are you looking for a "problems" book specifically, as opposed to solving the problems in a textbook? For instance, Griffiths has good problems to solve on those topics.

Well, I’m not exactly, as long as the book is 30-40% problems, it should work fine.

The reason why I’m asking is because I thought I knew the material well. Turned out I’ve cheesed through it, and I want a real test of the knowledge.
Not a actual book recommendation, but you could also rework some old exams from your course and similar courses if you haven't done that already. Given that your university publish all old exams for students to download that is.

Likes Alex Petrosyan
George Jones
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
"Quantum Mechanics: Concepts and Applications" by Nouredine Zettili contains many examples, and detailed solutions to many problems.

Likes Alex Petrosyan