Books to read for Matlab, C++, and Circuits?

In summary, the person is an undergraduate EE student looking for recommendations on books to improve their fundamentals in C++, Matlab, and circuits. They mention not liking the textbooks they are currently using and are looking for more specific and practical resources. They ask for recommendations and mention finding online books for Matlab, signal processing, and control systems. They also mention consulting the mathworks.com site for help with problem solving.
JKJ
Hi I am an undergraduate EE student into my 3-4th year.
I feel like my fundamentals are not so good at times and I want to improve.

I want some recommendations on what books to read to really help improve my fundamentals. I really don't like the textbooks we are reading. They are just too broad sometimes and not really to the point.

I am looking for books for C++, Matlab, and circuits.

Q1: I found some books online. How are these to re-study fundamentals? I haven't found one for circuits.
Q2: So... any good recommendations? How are the "dummies" series?

Physics news on Phys.org

1. What is the best book to learn Matlab?

The best book to learn Matlab depends on your level of experience and what you want to use Matlab for. Some popular options include "Matlab: A Practical Introduction to Programming and Problem Solving" by Stormy Attaway, "Mastering Matlab" by Duane Hanselman and Bruce Littlefield, and "Essential Matlab for Engineers and Scientists" by Brian Hahn and Dan Valentine. It's important to research and read reviews to find the book that best fits your needs.

2. What is the most comprehensive book for learning C++?

There are many comprehensive books for learning C++. Some popular options include "C++ Primer" by Stanley Lippman, "The C++ Programming Language" by Bjarne Stroustrup, and "Effective Modern C++" by Scott Meyers. It's important to consider your level of experience and what you want to use C++ for when choosing a book.

3. Are there any books specifically for learning circuits?

Yes, there are many books specifically for learning circuits. Some popular options include "Fundamentals of Electric Circuits" by Charles Alexander and Matthew Sadiku, "Electric Circuits" by James Nilsson and Susan Riedel, and "Introduction to Electric Circuits" by Richard Dorf and James Svoboda. It's important to choose a book that fits your level of understanding and learning style.

4. Can I find a book that covers all three topics (Matlab, C++, and circuits) in one?

Yes, there are some books that cover all three topics, such as "Engineering Problem Solving with C++, Matlab, and Excel" by Delores Etter and Jeanine Meyer. However, these books may not go into as much depth as individual books on each subject. It's important to consider your learning goals and whether a combined book will meet them.

5. Are there any free online resources for learning these subjects?

Yes, there are many free online resources for learning Matlab, C++, and circuits. Some popular options include online tutorials, video lectures, and interactive coding platforms. It's important to do some research and try out different resources to find the ones that work best for you.