Boost Your Physics Skills: Must-Have Books for Struggling Physics Majors

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 4K views
vpv
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Hi. I am a physics major although I am having a hard time getting good marks in the first semester of my first year. I just wanted any suggestions from peers and any senior students if there are any books out there which I can use as a physics major to understand concepts thoroughly and has a set of difficult exercises which, after practicing, would help me become better at physics. I would like to put it out there that physics at my university involves very few numbered calculations.. Are there any books which I can use to understand the concepts (I am not a beginner) and enhance my variable physics, if I may say?

Thank you in advance.
-vpv
 
Physics news on Phys.org
For basic physics, I really like University Physics textbook for problems, and Fundamentals of Physics for explanations.
 
yeap "University Physics" textbook is a good one for problems. Get a hold of teachers solution manual (not student guide), it has detailed solutions to all the problems...do as many as you can!
 
Halliday Resnick Krane - Physics I and II and the Feynman lectures
 
Would Barrons College Review in AP Physics work? Also would 3000 solved problems in Physics be a good book to use as practice or are they elementary problems?