While you're building green chargers, or whatever you want to call them, you could build one out of solar panels, or copy the shake and charge flashlights, or if you've a little Ham Radio operator in you, build your own WiFi charger, which I'd bet could be modified to work with any cordless phones and possibly lower power waves with the correct crystals. I doubt that AM/FM bands would provide enough power, but then again any 'free' energy is energy, so its a possibility. piezo-electric (sp?) components are moving forward again, so if you were really inclined you could theoretically extended battery life by including some components inside of the phone. Probably not enough to recharge the battery, but more than likely enough to extend the battery life. Anytime I'm leaning back in my work chair and thinking about where I can grab some 'free' (I just mean no power company included. or batteries purchased.) energy. Basically if there is ANY change in ANYTHING, there is a theoretically sound method for creating or thieving energy from it. Most cells charge on .5 - 2.0 amps at 5 volts. I think. Correct me if I'm wrong someone.