Building an AND and NOT Gate with a 2X1 Multiplexer

  • Thread starter Thread starter brad sue
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Multiplexer
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
brad sue
Messages
270
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Hi,
How to build a AND gate using a 2X1(2 inputs, 1 select,1 output) multiplexer?
The same for a NOT gate?
I am stuck on it!
thank you


Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution


Sorry I tried but I am confuse about what are consired as input if we decide to fix one input.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
brad sue said:

Homework Statement


Hi,
How to build a AND gate using a 2X1(2 inputs, 1 select,1 output) multiplexer?
The same for a NOT gate?
I am stuck on it!
thank you


Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution


Sorry I tried but I am confuse about what are consired as input if we decide to fix one input.

If you decide to fix one of the inputs, it'll still be considered an input, just an input that always has the same value.

HINT1: How many inputs has an AND gate? You shouldn't need to fix any inputs on your MUX (at least, not to 0 or 1)
HINT2: How many inputs has a NOT gate? You will need to fix MUX inputs.