How to calculate induction heater parameters for 15mm steel and aluminium

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
D44
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Hi guys

I'm looking to make an induction heater to heat bits of steel and aluminium (maybe 15mm by 25mm).

Can anyone recommend a good source of information in terms of calculating the various parameters and other general information? I've looked at many websites but a lot of them seem to be heating things much smaller than what I'm looking to heat and I don't want to copy someone's idea. I'd like to do it myself.

Cheers
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
About 25yrs ago a friend of mine was working on his MS with the http://www.netl.doe.gov/about/arc_history.html on a this very problem. Maybe that would be another place to look.
 
Thank you for your post, I shall have a good look at this.