Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Business Statistics or Calc 1 w/ analytical

1. Jul 20, 2010 #1
    Hey I am transfering to the University of Florida next semester. Which one of these classes is easier? Business Statistics or Calc 1 w/ analytical geometry? I want to go higher up in Math and I was thinking calc 1 w/ analytical might help me before I take Business Statistics?

Right now I am signed for the Stats class for the fall but if calc 1 is easier and will help me in that one then I will switch my schedule and make it so i take business statistics next semester. I have already taken: trig, pre-calc and survey of calc. All were fairly easy.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 21, 2010 #2
    Hey! I am gonna be a junior at UF in the fall. You'll have a blast here.
    Since you said
    you should definitely take Analytic Geometry and Calculus I (MAC 2311). I'd suggest taking it with Dr. Edwards.

However, what's your major? And is there even a class called "Business Statistics"? Are you talking about STA 2023 (intro to stats)? or QMB 3250 (stats for business decisions)? Either way, STA 2023 is a prereq for QMB 3250.

4. Jul 21, 2010 #3
    That's awsome! Have you been there since a freshmen? What's your major?

I took intro to stats, I meant stats for business decisions. My major is finance and I need that class for my major. So do you think it would be better to take calc 1 w/ anyalytical before I take the qmb class?

Thanks man.

5. Jul 24, 2010 #4
    Anyone else know if calc1 w/ analytical is a good class to take before stats for business decisions?

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook