1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Business Statistics or Calc 1 w/ analytical

1. Jul 20, 2010 #1
    Hey I am transfering to the University of Florida next semester. Which one of these classes is easier? Business Statistics or Calc 1 w/ analytical geometry? I want to go higher up in Math and I was thinking calc 1 w/ analytical might help me before I take Business Statistics?

Right now I am signed for the Stats class for the fall but if calc 1 is easier and will help me in that one then I will switch my schedule and make it so i take business statistics next semester. I have already taken: trig, pre-calc and survey of calc. All were fairly easy.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 21, 2010 #2
    Hey! I am gonna be a junior at UF in the fall. You'll have a blast here.
    Since you said
    you should definitely take Analytic Geometry and Calculus I (MAC 2311). I'd suggest taking it with Dr. Edwards.

However, what's your major? And is there even a class called "Business Statistics"? Are you talking about STA 2023 (intro to stats)? or QMB 3250 (stats for business decisions)? Either way, STA 2023 is a prereq for QMB 3250.
  4. Jul 21, 2010 #3
    That's awsome! Have you been there since a freshmen? What's your major?

I took intro to stats, I meant stats for business decisions. My major is finance and I need that class for my major. So do you think it would be better to take calc 1 w/ anyalytical before I take the qmb class?

Thanks man.
  5. Jul 24, 2010 #4
    Anyone else know if calc1 w/ analytical is a good class to take before stats for business decisions?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook