Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Buying Digital Voice Recorder for Lectures

1. Apr 30, 2008 #1
    I'm definetly thinking about buying a digital voice recorder to tape my lectures. I wanted some that could hook up to a laptop and that I could listen to with headphones. Is this possible. I've never done this so I don't know where to look. Does anyone have a brand or model of preference?

2. jcsd
  3. May 1, 2008 #2

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Isn't there a recorder in Windows???? Hook up a mic and go to town while typing or writing notes.

I used a tape player in grad school for some of my courses, my Relativity prof even stopped so I could flip the tape. In exchange, he used my notes the next time he taught the course.

4. May 2, 2008 #3
    Haha that's pretty awesome about your prof. I could only wish to develop that kind of relationship with a prof. It would help on grad school recommendations, I'm sure.
    Would Windows voice recorder even work that well though? I suppose that would just depend on the type of mic, right?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?