Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

C++ programming(access to sound card)

1. Jul 5, 2008 #1
    hello,How can I access to sound card in lcc? I mean getting data and so on.could you give a simple example? thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 5, 2008 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

If you have never done that before programming sound card at the IO level will be hard. I would look for sound libraries or OS API. A lot depends on what you plan to do.

What operating system do you use?

4. Jul 5, 2008 #3

zyh

DirectSound Wrapper Classes
    in http://www.codeproject.com/KB/directx/dsoundwc.aspx
    But I think this code need Directsound and visual c++ not the compiler as you mentioned LCC.

and there are many stuffs in the "www.codeproject.com ", you can just dig into this site.

5. Jul 5, 2008 #4

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

6. Jul 12, 2008 #5
    Thanks, My OS is windows xp 32bit. actually I need a prepared C library which can be used in lcc-win32. My project is quite simple; It should recieve in each instant the intensity of an external sound from mic, doing some quick processess, and after that send an calculated intensity to speaker immediately.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  7. Jul 12, 2008 #6

daniel_i_l

Gold Member

8. Apr 17, 2009 #7
    Hi

I am doing the same job as yours. Could you please guide me how to read sound card online in windows xp. my aim is to process the data afterwards.

Many thanks
    Mohammad

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?