Calculate Al3+ Mass: Al2(SO4)3.18H2O for 40mg/mL Solution in 50mL

  • Thread starter Thread starter fishingspree2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Concentration
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
fishingspree2
Messages
138
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Find the required mass of Al2(SO4)3.18H2O (molar mass = 666 g/mol) to prepare 50 mL of an aqueous solution, concentration = 40 mg of Al3+ per mL


The Attempt at a Solution


0.04 grams of Al3+/1mL = x g / 50 mL
x = 2g

I think this is the required mass of Al3+, now I don't know how to find how much Al2(SO4)3.18H2O do I need to get 2 g of Al3+

The answer is 24.7g
 
Physics news on Phys.org
How many moles of Al do you need?

In how many moles of aluminum sulfate there will be required amount of Al?

What will be mass of these moles?