Calculate Charge of Object A: Mass 100g, Force 0.35N

  • Thread starter Thread starter Miike012
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Charge
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Miike012
Messages
1,009
Reaction score
0
Objects A and B are both positively charged. Both have a mass of 100 g but A has twice the charge of B. When A and B are placed with 10 cm between their centers, B experiences an electric force of 0.35 N

What is the charge of qa?

I have no idea where to start... I know of the equation..

F = k|q*q'|/r^2
but this does not relate to mass in any way... so how am I suppose to implement the 100g into the equation to solve for qa?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Miike012 said:
Objects A and B are both positively charged. Both have a mass of 100 g but A has twice the charge of B. When A and B are placed with 10 cm between their centers, B experiences an electric force of 0.35 N

What is the charge of qa?

I have no idea where to start... I know of the equation..

F = k|q*q'|/r^2
but this does not relate to mass in any way... so how am I suppose to implement the 100g into the equation to solve for qa?

For this part of the problem, I believe the mass is irrelevant. There may be a follow-on question that asks for the acceleration due to the electric forces or something...
 
the follow up question is what is the charge of B