Calculate Effects of 10% Increase in Gravity on Movement

  • Thread starter Thread starter Budgieblue
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Gravity increase
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Budgieblue
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
If gravity on Earth were to increase overnight by 10% how do I go about calculating the way this would affect my movements, how fast I could walk, run, swim etc and how this would affect my muscles? I'm presuming my body would be working harder so I would find movement more tiring and would be slower but could do with being able to demonstrate this? would really appreciate any guidance to the calculations I would need to make?

Many thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
What, exactly, is it that you want to calculate? If g is increased by 10% then the work (mgh) necessary to lift a weight, take a step (which involves both raising your feet and raising your center of gravity), raise your arms, etc. would require 10% more work.