Finding center of gravity of a wheelbarrow with a 1,050 N load

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
joel amos
Messages
104
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


If Bethany and Serendipity each exert a force of 350 N on each arm of a wheelbarrow with 1.25 m arms and carry Cardinal Glick in the bucket, who has a weight of 1,050 N, where is the center of gravity of the bucket and the Cardinal with respect to the wheel?

Pointers would be nice, as I'm not sure how to go about this. All help is welcome.
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, I realize this bit. The part I don't get is how to find the center of gravity, especially since the bucket was never assigned a length.
 
The length is given - this is the arm's length. Google for "wheelbarrow" and look at pictures if that is not clear. The center of gravity of the bucket + load is where the downward force applies to the arm.