Calculating conductivity of the cell interior and the blood

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
Kathi201
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
They give me a table of ion concentrations of the most common ions in the cell interior and in the blood. I am asked to calculate the conductivity of the cell interior and that of the blood. I have no idea how to calculate conductivity if I only know the concentrations. Here is the table I am provided with

Ion, Ion concentration in cell, Blood
K+, 140, 4
Na+, 10, 145
CL- , 5, 116


Any help would be appreciated ASAP. This assignment is due tomorrow so I would really appreciate any advice!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You need to show some work before we can help you. What have you tried; what do you know about such problems?