Calculating the Efficiency, total output power and irradiance of LEDs

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
WonderfulWorld
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
TL;DR
Calculating the Power Loss, consumption and Lumes of an LED circuit
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post and I hope to work with you on this to gain a fuller understanding. I'm currently designing an LED circuit with 60 3 watt LEDs.

Input power is both 120VAC for North American and 230VAC for other countries. I know this is pretty basicbut what is the best way to calculate the real power being delivered to my LEDs factoring in power losses from the LED drivers? I then want to convert this to the actual irradiance for the given area. I would also like to factor in the LEDs efficiency as well.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
:welcome:

Professional designers would use circuit simulation software to evaluate performance including power losses. There are numerous safety considerations in such a circuit. Can you help us understand your experience and objectives. Is this a DIY project, or are you designing something for commercial sale?