Calculations Lab: Heats of Fusion and Vaporization

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
pmalayavech
Messages
14
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Hi, I am answering Question #3, and using the formula and variables above scratch area as reference on how to answer the question.

Could someone please have a look and see if the problem I worked out came out correct.

Homework Equations


The Attempt at a Solution


First I converted g = kg
I used the given variables, then I work out the problem, I made sure to do the paranthesis first before multiplying the variables in,
then converted back to kg and finally came with the answer

1827.88 cal/g heat transfer, did i use the correct unit? joules?
Any input would happily appreciated
12-04-2012101319PM.jpg
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
You're answer is in the right ballpark (but a bit low). You've specified your heats of fusion and vaporization with units of cal/kg, whereas the number magnitudes look like they're more suited to being kcal/kg or cal/g. Check them.

The final result should have units pertaining to heat only: either Joules or calories.