em07189: Maximum moment on the I cross section occurs underneath the wheels closest to the beam midspan when one axle is 140 mm from the beam midspan; and this moment is My = 1215(2*F1), where My = moment about the I-beam cross section lateral (strong) axis (N*mm), and F1 = downward load applied by one wheel (N). Therefore, the beam longitudinal bending stress, at the bottom face of the bottom flange, is sigma_x = My*(0.5*h)/I, where h = I-beam cross section height. The flange bending moment about the x axis, per Q_Goest, is Mx = -0.5*b*F1; therefore, the flange lateral bending stress, at the bottom face of the bottom flange, is sigma_y = -6*F1/t^2, where t = I-beam flange thickness. Notice sigma_x is positive, and sigma_y is negative. Combine sigma_x and sigma_y using von Mises, which will give sigma_vm. Using yield factor of safety FSy = 2.0, suggested by Q_Goest, ensure sigma_vm < Sty/FSy, where Sty = beam material tensile yield strength.
Transverse shear stress on a free face is zero; therefore, you can check peak shear stress at the flange midplane separately. Using the model suggested by Q_Goest, peak shear stress is tau = 1.50*F1/A = 3*F1/(b*t), where b = I-beam total flange width. Ensure tau < 0.577*Sty/FSy.
Use consistent units for all quantities; e.g., N, mm, MPa. Feel free to increase FSy if you think the design code requires a higher FSy. Follow a design code if it varies from the above.