1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculus book for specific topics

1. Mar 5, 2012 #1
    I have searched the mainstream books thomas calculus, steward and lots other like apostols,rudin etc.
    I was given two books in my college called analysis and applications but it is in greek written by an old local proffessor . It is 1600 pages total 2 volumes..

However the second book has these topics.

Arithmetical Methods

Improper integrals (30 pages theory + 75 pages excercises)
    -first,second,third type
    -convergence tests
    -parametrical improper integrals
    -gamma and betta functions

Laplace transform

Series of functions

Two variable functions

Double integrals

Multiple variable functions

However i didnt find any book that has 75 pages with excersices for improper integrals only! Each chapter has tons of excercises.The problem is that most of them dont have solutions.

But couldnt find another book. Searched analysis books but they didnt even mentioned these stuff.Searched calculus and advanced calculus but no luck..

Is there any reccomendation that has lots of excercises with solutions ?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 5, 2012 #2
    You should reconsider Apostol's Calculus Volume 1 and Volume 2. They cover most of the topics you listed in depth. Although they don't contain 75 pages of exercises on improper integrals, they build up the theory so that you can apply the theory to any suitable problem. There are some computational exercises too, though, most of which contain solutions in the back of the book.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook