CamSpec Software Tool: UK Company Explored

In summary, the conversation discusses a software tool called CamSpec and the speaker's attempt to find more information about it. They mention a UK company that uses CamSpec, but are unable to find a technical description on their website. The speaker then shares a link to a different website and asks for help in understanding the lists of numbers found in the files downloaded from that site.
Buzz Bloom
Gold Member
TL;DR Summary
I came across "CamSpec" in a paper about Planck evidence for a closed Universe:
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1911.02087v1.pdf.
From reading the paper I cited in the summary, I am guessing CamSpec is a software tool for statistical analysis. I did a Internet search, but did not find anything other than mentioning CamSpec being used, but not what it does, except that there is a UK company:
https://www.spectronic-camspec.co.uk/FTIR-software/ .​
I could not find any technical description from scanning through this site.

I would appreciate it any help about this from from PFs participants.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi pbuk:

Thanks you for your post, the URL, and a correction to my misunderstanding.
I down loaded the compacted folder of files, and managed to look at most of them. The ones I looked at were all just lists of numbers.
Here is a typical example example of the beginning an d end of a list.
2 0.00033​
3 0.00091
4 0.00193
5 0.00352
6 0.00576
. . .
12997 608.58290
12998 608.66504
12999 608.75870
13000 608.84085
13001 608.92301
Do you have any idea about where I might look to find out what all of these lists mean?

Regards,
Buzz

I am confused about why the thread was moved. In looking at the list of numbers in the various files, I do not see anything related to:
MATLAB, Maple, Mathematica, LaTeX .

1. What is CamSpec Software Tool?

CamSpec Software Tool is a software program developed by a UK-based company that specializes in spectroscopic data analysis. It is designed to help scientists and researchers analyze and interpret spectral data in a user-friendly and efficient manner.

2. What types of spectroscopic data can be analyzed using CamSpec Software Tool?

CamSpec Software Tool is capable of analyzing various types of spectroscopic data, including UV-Vis, IR, Raman, and fluorescence spectra. It also has the capability to analyze time-resolved spectra.

3. How does CamSpec Software Tool work?

CamSpec Software Tool uses advanced algorithms and mathematical models to analyze spectroscopic data. It allows users to import their data, apply various data processing techniques, and view the results in easy-to-interpret graphical formats.

4. Can CamSpec Software Tool be used by non-experts?

While CamSpec Software Tool is primarily designed for scientists and researchers in the field of spectroscopy, it has a user-friendly interface that can be used by non-experts as well. The software also includes helpful tutorials and guides to assist users in navigating and utilizing its features.

5. Is CamSpec Software Tool suitable for all types of research?

CamSpec Software Tool is a versatile tool that can be used in various research fields, including chemistry, biochemistry, materials science, and pharmaceuticals. It is constantly being updated and improved to cater to the evolving needs of different research areas.