Can a 12V 3A battery power a 12V 1A dvd player?

  • Thread starter Thread starter fred baker
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Electrical Puzzle
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
fred baker
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I have a battery that I was hoping to use to power my dvd player however it says that the battery is 12volts at 3amps and my dvd player says it is 12 volts at one amp can I successfully use this battery which is 12 volts at 3 amps to power a dvd player that says 12 volts at 1 amp any help is appreciated thank you!
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
The battery will supply the current required by your dvd load (1amp) but is capable of providing up to 3amps for other applications. Go for it.