Can a Virtual Simulation Determine Torque and RPM of a Turbine?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
dboe
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I am trying to find out RPM and torque of a turbine. I have it modeled in CATIA. I have ansys and Fluent. But I don't know if I can get these values from that software.

Does anyone know how I can do a virtual simulation to determine Torque and RPM?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I and several others hear might be able to help, but none of us can help without knowing who/what/where/why/how of your turbine. We're scientists and engineers, not clairvoyants.

Need input!
 
The rotational speed of a turbine is typically governed by compressor design. The RPM is an input, not an output. You run cycle points to determine what mass flow/pressure ratio/etc you need. At that point you can design a compressor to meet those requirements.

From there, you can design a turbine (which typically lie on the same shaft), to power that compressor.