Can an Aspheric Lens Narrow the FOV for Motion Detection Systems?

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Tone L
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Optics Sensors
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
1 reply · 2K views
Tone L
Messages
72
Reaction score
7
TL;DR
Curious if fresnel lenses are needed for motion detection.
I want to build a motion detection system, however I want to narrow field of view. I cannot find a Fresnel lens with a narrower FOV than 30 degrees. Was looking for something around 20 degrees.

Can I use an aspheric lens to achieve this, does anyone know?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You just want to narrow your FOV with a pre-lens? What dimensions? Can you not just use some blocking pieces to narrow the FOV? More details and a sketch would be helpful. Thanks.