Identifying vintage laboratory equipment from the 1960s

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sean D Mcandrews
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 3K views
Sean D Mcandrews
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
I found this piece of equipment in my lab. Based on the age of the science lab, and the equipment it was with, I'm guessing that its from the '60s maybe? Can anyone tell me what it is and was used for?
0127160911.jpg
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Looks like it might be for ray tracing through optics. Do you have HeNe lasers in the lab as well?
 
We have a laser, but its much newer. This thing was stored by itself with no instructions or other parts
 
You could try contacting Fisher Scientific, which acquired Stansi Scientific, back in '67. I thought it might be an optics item as well because of the shapes that look like converging and diverging lenses.
 
I tried contacting Fisher a year or so ago, and I got a nice person who was of no help. My best guess was optics-related too. Thank you.