Can I Charge My Kindle Touch with a USB Connector?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sophiecentaur
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Charging
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Messages
30,594
Reaction score
7,548
I understand that Amazon don't give you a charger with the new Touch. I have read on (very non-tech) forums that there are 'issues' when trying to charge a Touch, with the Orange light coming on unexpectedly and uncertainty whether the thing is charged in fact.
Does the Touch charge via a USB connector? In which case, can it be charged via one of the half-dozen USB chargers I have acquired for smart phones etc.? I don't want to pay out on something I don't need. (Scrooge Mc Duck)
I'm asking here because I got fed up trawling through the ramblings of ignorami. I should be able to expect a bit more sense from you guys and some of you are just bound to own Touches.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
This is just a guess based on the fact that the two Kindles I've seen have Mini-USB chargers, but I suspect the Touch also uses Mini-USB.
 
It just uses a standard mini-USB for charging.
I mostly use my phone charger, or I charge it by plugging it into a computer.
 
Thanks guys. I bought one and it seems to be just the same as anything else would be . Surprise surprise!
 
I have normal Kindle, and sometimes I use an old charger that I got with my hands-free-Bluetooth-ear-plug-whatever-it-is-called-in-English-thingy. And it doesn't work :wink: That is, Kindle doesn't charge to 100%, and the diode stays yellow for ever - but it definitely gets charged and stops complaining about a low battery level. I guess the voltage from the charger is too low, or something like that.