Can I Find the Error Symbol in Microsoft Word for Writing Equations?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rizzamabob
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Symbol
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 52K views
Rizzamabob
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Im going crazy, i just want to write equations in microsoft word, but none include the damn Error symbol which looks like a rounded E :/ I want to use like E with a small i next to it but i cannot. Any ideas :( I am going nuts :<
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Rizzamabob said:
Im going crazy, i just want to write equations in microsoft word, but none include the damn Error symbol which looks like a rounded E :/ I want to use like E with a small i next to it but i cannot. Any ideas :( I am going nuts :<
What are you using to write equations? Anything special?

I have no idea what symbol you want. That would help. Do you have an example of it somewhere?

If you are using a special editor for entering equaitions, this might not work. If you have the MS Mincho font, look there. If you find your symbol, you can insert it easily in Word: From the [Insert] menu, select [Symbol]; this opens a window; in there, click the [Symbols] tab; from the [Font] menu, select [MS Mincho]; find your symbol in the list; highlight it; click the [Insert] button. (You can create shortcuts for the symbol if you need it often (or just copy+paste once it's in your document).) You can do the same thing inside or outside of Word using the Character Map too.
 
why don't you use mathematica instead?

Do you see the symbol you want anywhere here?

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/9450/symbols1fw.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The way I get ANY special characters for ANYTHNG s to use Character Map ( don't know any other way, and don't know why they make ths so dffcult to find.)

Programs > Accessores > System Tools > Character Map > Symbol or Wng Dngs.

(Dang, my '' key seems to have suddenly stopped workng.)
 
heartless said:
why don't you use mathematica instead?

Do you see the symbol you want anywhere here?

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/9450/symbols1fw.jpg
[/URL]

yes i do
 
Last edited by a moderator: