Can I get a job in patent law with a physics degree?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
girlinphysics
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
I am in my final year at university as undergraduate BSc student majoring in physics, and I am wanting to train in IP. I know about all the requirements and exams etc, my question is, am I at a loss compared to engineering students?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
No. You need to train reading patent applications (which is a major headache) and separate what they really claim from what they seem to claim.

I have done that for years and I am a mathematician (which means that I have a degree in nitpicking, it probably helped).
 
Did you read the stickied thread on this at the top of the page?
 
This is what V50 is referring to:

GvmcP7.jpg


For as long as I've been on this forum, I often wonder if some members just simply didn't see, didn't pay attention, or ignored many of the obvious threads or instructions on this forum. Often times, the answers that they seek were right in front of their faces.

Zz.