Can I Take The MCAT Despite Not Being in School?

  • Thread starter Thread starter davgonz90
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    School
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
davgonz90
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
I have my four-year degree, but I didn't pursue my doctoral or master's- just started working.

My question is: can I take the MCAT despite no longer being in school? This would be purely for entertainment purposes (just want to see how difficult it is, etc.). I'm weird, I know. How much would it cost? And is it possible?

Thank you.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Of course you could but the way I see it, if you don't plan to go to Med school, it is just a huge waste of time. The MCAT is really just a cursory review of a very broad variety of subjects. It is a pain to study for and unless you really to it as an opportunity to review and learn the material (not just focus on taking the test, which is basically what you need to learn to do well on these standardized tests.
It is also very expensive