1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can I Take The MCAT Despite Not Being in School?

1. Jul 13, 2015 #1
    I have my four-year degree, but I didn't pursue my doctoral or master's- just started working.

My question is: can I take the MCAT despite no longer being in school? This would be purely for entertainment purposes (just want to see how difficult it is, etc.). I'm weird, I know. How much would it cost? And is it possible?

Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 13, 2015 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

I believe all these types of exams MCAT, GRE, LSAT and GMAT are open to anyone provided you can pay the registration fee. After all they are prerequisites to getting into Med School, Grad School or Law School.

Here's a reference to MCAT:

https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/

4. Jul 14, 2015 #3

radium

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Of course you could but the way I see it, if you don't plan to go to Med school, it is just a huge waste of time. The MCAT is really just a cursory review of a very broad variety of subjects. It is a pain to study for and unless you really to it as an opportunity to review and learn the material (not just focus on taking the test, which is basically what you need to learn to do well on these standardized tests.
    It is also very expensive

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook