Can I Turn a Car Upside Down Wearing the Crysis 2 Suit?

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Nubcake
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Car
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Nubcake
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Hello I'm new here and i really want to know the anwser to this question.
In the game Crysis 2 the wearer of the suit has the capability to produce a striking force of up to 450N and i was wondering if this were possible could you be able to kick a car and turn it upside down like in the game. I know it's just a game but i was just wondering.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
1] 450 Newtons is not a lot. I think that would impart a movement of about 1 foot per second2 to something the size of a car.2] Any force great enough to flip a car, applied by something as small as a foot would certainly punch through the car before flipping it, unless you ensured you hit the superstructure.
 
thanks for the reply i have another question as well , how would calculate the force required to break something such as a door.