Can I use a bigger radiator in place of a smaller radiator?

• Thread starter Shivam2112
  • Start date
Thread moved from the technical forums, so no Homework Template is shown
I want to upgrade my radiator to a bigger one in my project formula car,with the same engine and pump, what are the cons of it.
Probably gonna upgrade from a bike radiator to a car radiator.
Also please help with calculations and reports.

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

berkeman
Mentor
I want to upgrade my radiator to a bigger one in my project formula car,with the same engine and pump, what are the cons of it.
What reports? Is this for schoolwork?

What reports? Is this for schoolwork?
No sir,this is not for school work, the reports consists of basic information and calculation of the radiator, these reports are submitted to the committee of judges of the student formula ,in which im takin part in.

anorlunda
Staff Emeritus
Insights Author
It is still school work. We need you to show your own attempt at answering the question. We help, but we do not do your work for you.

Likes Shivam2112
It is still school work. We need you to show your own attempt at answering the question. We help, but we do not do your work for you.
Ohk sir

The main downside I see is that a too large radiator might prevent the coolant getting to the proper temperature range for the engine. Also, if the radiator is larger than really needed, it could take up space that might be better used for some other component.

We will help you do the calculations, but we won't do them for you -- that's not our job.