Can some one show me how to do dy/dx?

• Thread starter yaho8888
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about finding the integral of two expressions: 1/((x+5)^2(x-1)) and (x^3)/(x^2+1). The topic of partial fractions is mentioned and resources are recommended for better understanding. The conversation also clarifies the difference between derivatives and integrals.
yaho8888
What is the Integral of 1/((x+5)^2(x-1)) AND (x^3)/(x^2+1) ?

I only need some one to show me an example!

Show Detail and Steps Please!

Thank to all !

Physics news on Phys.org
I know I need to use partial fractions but I am stuck on those two

Do you mean integral or derivative? Your topic title says derivative, but you say integral.

OH the Integral

The Integral Drive me Crazy!

Alright, I can't do the homework for you, so you are going to have to take a leap somewhere.

Just remember that you want to take some fraction and decompose it into two separate fractions, the reverse of simplification.

1/((x+5)(x+5)(x+1)) and other one no idea
This is not homework, just want to know how to do it!

<tex> 1 \overline {(x+5)(x+5)(x+1)} <\tex>

To do partial fractions for the second one the degree of the numerator has to be less than the degree of the denominator I believe... So divide first, then go from there.

Thanks Guys!

1. What is the purpose of finding dy/dx?

Finding dy/dx (the derivative) is important because it gives us information about the rate of change of a function at a specific point. This can help us understand how the function is behaving and make predictions about its behavior in the future.

2. How do you find dy/dx?

To find dy/dx, you have to use the rules of differentiation. These include the power rule, product rule, quotient rule, and chain rule. You also need to know how to take derivatives of common functions like polynomials, exponential functions, and trigonometric functions.

3. Can you show me an example of finding dy/dx?

Sure! Let's say we have the function f(x) = 3x^2. To find dy/dx, we first use the power rule to bring down the exponent and multiply it by the coefficient, giving us 6x. Therefore, dy/dx = 6x.

4. What are the applications of dy/dx?

Finding dy/dx has many applications in fields such as physics, engineering, and economics. It can help us analyze motion, optimize functions, and make predictions about future outcomes.

5. Is finding dy/dx difficult?

It can be challenging at first, but with practice and a good understanding of the rules of differentiation, it becomes easier. It's important to also understand the concepts behind it rather than just memorizing formulas. There are also many resources available, such as online tutorials and practice problems, to help you learn how to find dy/dx.